Thursday, January 20, 2011

DOCKERS: My new favorite ad campaign

So, I have been putting off officially "launching" my blog, so I've decided to just jump right in. I have a love/hate relationship with blogs because I can't imagine why anyone would actually care what I have to say about....well, anything. BUT. I intend to use this blog as a space to share what inspires me, excites me, and drives me to do what I do. I always have so many great ideas and just plain awesome work to share- and I am constantly looking at and studying current design. I guess this is as good a place as any to show off the stuff that actually made me scream with joy!


Here it goes.


When I see great design, I get so excited that it almost hurts. I found this set of ads this week when I was thumbing through the brand new Typography Annual issue of Communication Arts- an incredible magazine that features the best of the best designs in the world. It's quite inspiring.


You can tell an effective ad (or design of any kind) when it catches your eye immediately, and makes you forget everything else around it. The use of texture in these is genius, and Dockers cleverly commissioned several different typographers to design the type for these ads. Pieces like this, that make you think "why didn't I think of that?" and that make it look easy, are what fantabulous design is all about. Music to my eyeballs.



No comments:

Post a Comment